Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Chicken Processing....

When people find out that we are going to grow and process chickens on our farm I get asked a lot of questions. The most common are about the actual killing process. "Are you going to ring there neck?", "Are you going to chop the head off with an axe?" and so on.

I believe if you are going to kill something for food, it should be done with respect to the animal and done humanely. So I thought I would post a video of the actual process done by Natures Harmony Farm. It is a graphic video, so just a fore warning. If my wife is reading this, look away. Don't look at the light! :)

Quote:

"On a grander scale, when a society segregates itself, the consequences affect the economy, the emotions, and the ecology. That's one reason why it's easy for pro-lifers to eat factory-raised animals that disrespect everything sacred about creation. And that is why it's easy for rabid environmentalists to hate chainsaws even though they snuggle into a mattress supported by a black walnut bedstead."
— Joel Salatin (Everything I Want to Do Is Illegal)

1 comment:

  1. That has got to be the most humane way I've seen to kill an animal. The chciken doesn't seem to feel any pain. Good luck with your farm!
    Doug

    ReplyDelete