Monday, June 29, 2009

The Cucumber Days of Summer....

The production factory!

It starts about now every summer that we start the influx of volume vegetables(especially cucumbers). My wife and I start looking up recipes to get creative with what excess we have so that we are not gagging everytime we look at a overflowing vegetables on the counter. I guess this is a good problem to have and certainly God has blessed our garden this year, no doubt!

Mason with a 1 1/2 pounder!

This year, even though we are not officially on the farm, we are going to let the boys sell vegetables in the neighborhood. I think it will give them a sense of ownership and a little excitement about farming (I hope, maybe a pipe dream). Then later they can sell eggs and when our hens start laying.


Quote:
"How much evil throughout history could have been avoided had people exercised their moral acuity with convictional courage and said to the powers that be, 'No, I will not. This is wrong, and I don't care if you fire me, shoot me, pass me over for promotion, or call my mother, I will not participate in this unsavory activity.' Wouldn't world history be rewritten if just a few people had actually acted like individual free agents rather than mindless lemmings?" — Joel Salatin (Everything I Want to Do Is Illegal)


1 comment:

  1. Shoot, if I lived in Georgia i'd take some off your hands. My wife and I love cucumbers!
    Tim

    ReplyDelete