Friday, June 26, 2009

Update on the Compost...


Picture Source: www.watchitrot.com


Well after getting the used beer mash a couple of weekends ago, the compost is now smoking. It is probably the best my compost has ever been. There is nothing like going out to turn the compost, 98 degrees outside mind you, and see it steaming in the middle around 150 degrees. So far, we have added kitchen scraps, chicken litter, used beer mash, pine straw and pulled up plants from the garden.

My thinking is the compost will be ready to use in the fall. I will turn it over every weekend and screen it out in September/October.

More importantly, please keep my wife in your prayers. She is having test done today and we need God's blessings on the results.

Quote:

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: who forgives all your iniquities; who heals all your diseases ..." (Psalm 103:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment