Monday, August 10, 2009

Attack of the Killer Tomato Festival....


Well, yesterday Nicole and I went to The Attack of the Killer Tomato Festival, put on by Georgia Organics, in downtown Atlanta. I have to say, I had my expectations low, as I didn't really expect it to be as good as it was. All I can say is WOW. It was great.
We arrived just shortly after 1 pm and it was already packed. As we walked in, the smell of food guided us from table to table, were chefs from various restaurants dabbled in some form of tomato greatness. It seemed the tomato possibilities were endless as I wondered how much more creativity I could possibly see.
Picture Source: http://media.kickstatic.com

To me, hands down, my favorite food there was a tomato on a deep fried focaccia bread with some kind of heavenly white sauce and ham powder. It was incredible three times. Yes, I went back three times! Nicole's favorite was a candied cherry tomato on corn pudding. She actually went back for seconds! All in all, I can't say their wasn't anything I didn't like.

I do have to mention the live band, The Spasmatics. They were quite entertaining. Dressed up as a tennis player, a fast food employee that had been in an accident, and a geek that is getting ready to ride a bike for the first time(Helmet and all), these guys were great. All eighties tunes were played and the crowd was really into it. Some of the crowd was into it more than others, as we had a lady who apparently thought she was in a "Peter Pan" play as "Tinker Bell" the fairy. She was entertaining folks running back and forth pretending to fly, taking the occasional break to dance. It was great people watching!

I would say if you didn't get to go this year, mark it on the calender for next. It is well worth it.


Quote:

Of all the wonderful things in the wonderful universe of God, nothing seems to me more surprising than the planting of a seed in the blank earth and the result thereof.
~Julie Moir Messervy

2 comments:

  1. We were there! We saw that crazy lady. I can tell you, she wasn't feeling any pain. Great time, though. Good blog. No pictures from yesterday??

    John and Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have been there but I wasnt invited!

    Don

    ReplyDelete