Friday, January 22, 2010

Brooder House Coming Along....

We are getting very close to "ready" with the new brooder house for our new arrivals. We took an old crate that was discarded and have given it a new purpose. The box measures 6.5' x 6.5' inside and will give plenty of room for the girls to move around and stay warm.

We added wooden supports underneath the bottom, added a pass thru and secured it with a couple of bolt locks.
Nicole and I lined the bottom with a pond liner to keep urine from absorbing into the wood. We sealed the bottom corners under the liner with aquarium silicone to keep it from moving and stapled the top all the way around. We added the pine flakes and fluffed them up. It took one bale to get a 3" bed.

Tomorrow we will get the heat lamps adjusted to the right temperature and figure out the locations of the feeders and waterers.  More pictures tomorrow. I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment