Thursday, July 23, 2009

Do you ever feel like the more you know.....



I happened to come across a documentary last night. It is called "Controlling Our Food". It goes in to some detail about how Monsanto has poisoned our earth, stolen our rights to grow food freely, controlled the FDA, bribed scientists and covered up test results on products to push them through quickly, without regulation, to make a profit.



Picture Source: http://isiria.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/monsanto.jpg

It kind of hits me on a very personal level, having a child with cancer, being a grower of righteous foods, and seeing the health problems children and adults are going through all over the world. Yet, these same people that make these chemicals and GMO's, they have to eat too. I know it is a little deep for a Thursday morning, but some things you just can't ignore and turn a blind eye to. Playing God is for only God to do. And when man tries, bad things happen.


Well, this just happened to coincide with a forum I visited last night bringing up the GMO subject. Needless to say, I was pretty fired up after watching this documentary, so I was careful about how I responded to the questions. I'm really not a radical activist, but I'm also not a door mat. The good news is, this is a sore subject for anyone who grows heritage or heirloom foods. Especially on this forum that I frequent, most are God loving, hard working folks who grow heirloom OP varieties of fruits and vegetables. These same people, and that includes me, get infuriated at the thought of a company patenting seeds that we have been growing for generations, telling us we now have to pay to use them and can't save the seeds anymore because it would be "unlawful". Yes, unlawful.


Unfortunately, not enough people know about these problems and it shows. America, once a united front against evil, is no more. Exposing these wrongs comes with consequences. Terminations, lawsuits, threats, harassment and so on. So very few are brave enough to weather the storm. I'm going to post this movie. I think it is important to take a little time today and watch this.

Quote:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

EDMUND BURKE

2 comments:

  1. Bravo, Bravo!!
    I'll keep my name anonymous for my on personal sake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said Scott. Theres alot of things I dont understand in this world...

    But man messing with Gods creation and trying to become the "creator" by combining what only God should be doing is just wrong. Whom are we as a society to say well, this seed or animal isnt good enough...God didnt do it right. God has made said seed or animals in the way that he saw fit and best suited his Earth and his children.

    Its not Gods fault, we as his children, havent figured out how to use his blessings correctly. Its our fault...we need to recognize the blessings he has given us and be thankfull for what we have received.

    Keep up the good work my friend and keep spreading the word.

    Well Done

    Hillbilly Glenn

    ReplyDelete